Web Site Terms and Conditions of Usage
IMPORTANT! These Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions") govern your (the "User" or "You") use of the LumiSource Web Site (the "Web Site") provided by LumiSource, LLC (the "Company"). These Terms and Conditions are subject to change by the Company at any time in its discretion. Your use of the Web Site after such changes are implemented constitutes your acceptance of the changes. Please consult these terms and conditions regularly.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated: April 2013
1. Permitted Use. User has a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited, and revocable right to use the Web Site solely for User's personal educational, informational, and entertainment use. User will not use the Web Site for any other purpose, including any commercial purpose, without the Company's express prior written consent. For example, User will not, and will not authorize any other person to, (i) Co-brand the Web Site or portion thereof, or (ii) frame the Web Site or portion thereof (whereby the Web Site or portion thereof will appear on the same screen with a portion of another web site). "Co-branding" means to display a name, logo, trademark, or other means of attribution or identification of any party in such a manner reasonably likely to give a User the impression that such other party has the right to display, publish, or distribute the Web Site or content accessible within the Web Site (the "Content"). User agrees to cooperate with the Company in causing any unauthorized Co-branding, framing or linking to immediately cease.
2. Proprietary Information. User acknowledges and agrees that the content accessible within the Web Site is the proprietary information of the Company and its content providers, and the Company and its content providers retain all right, title, and interest in the Content. Accordingly, User will not reproduce, transmit, publish or distribute such Content to any third party without the express written consent of the Company or the applicable content provider except that User may print out a copy of Content solely for User's personal use. In doing so, User will not remove or alter, or cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, or any other proprietary notice or legend appearing on any of the Content.
3. Disclaimer. User will have access to a variety of sources of content through the Internet. The Company has made no effort to verify the accuracy or suitability of any information contained in any such sources. Accordingly, the Company will have no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any content contained within any such sources. User accesses, uses, and relies upon such content at User's own risk. User understands further that the Internet contains unedited materials, some of which are sexually explicit or may be offensive. User accesses such materials at User's risk. Company has no control over and accepts no responsibility whatsoever for such materials.
User understands that, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by the Company, the Company does not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services on the Internet in any way. User also understands that the Company cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Each User is responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy User's particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Web Site for the reconstruction of any lost data. The Company does not assume any responsibility or risk for User's use of the Internet.
The Company expressly disclaims any and all warranties with respect to any Content accessible within or through the Web Site, express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement.
4. Limitation on Liability.The Company, its Licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers and directors will not be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential, or special damages, including loss of revenue or income, pain and suffering, emotional distress or similar damages, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the collective liability of the Company and its Licensors, service providers, content providers, employees, agents, officers and directors to any party (regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount User has paid to the Company for the applicable Content or service out of which liability arose.
5. Indemnity. User will indemnify and hold the Company, its Licensors, content providers, service providers and contractors (the "Indemnified Parties") harmless from any breach of these Terms and Conditions by User, including any use of Content other than as expressly authorized in these Terms and Conditions. User agrees that the Indemnified Parties will have no liability in connection with any such breach or unauthorized use, and agrees to indemnify any and all resulting loss, damages, judgments, awards, costs, expenses, and attorneys' fees of the Indemnified Parties in connection therewith. User will also indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of User's use of the information accessed from the Web Site.
6. Intellectual Property. LumiSource Brands, LLC or its subsidiary, LumiSource, LLC (jointly, "LumiSource") is the copyright and trademark owner of LumiSource, LLC the copyright and trademark owner of everything on the Web Site, including but not limited to content, names, logos, trademarks and servicemarks, and their design, selection and arrangement, unless specifically indicated otherwise on the Web Site. No portion of the Web Site, including but not limited to the product photographs contained on the Web Site, may be used or modified in any manner or for any purpose without the express, prior written consent of LumiSource, LLC
7. Miscellaneous.The Web Site was created and is operated under the laws of the State of Illinois, which will govern these Terms and Conditions without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. LumiSource, LLC retains the right to enforce our rights in any court of competent jurisdiction; however, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Cook County, Illinois regarding any and all disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions or any part of the Web Site.